[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] I Oppose Increased .COM Costs

Ian Freeman-Lee ifreemanlee at estars.com
Mon Feb 10 23:11:29 UTC 2020

Hello, I'm writing to express my opposition to the proposed costs increases to .COM domains in this amendment. This change will stifle innovation on the web and cause the biggest harm to small business owners and individuals trying to run personal websites.

A .COM domain is a sign of professionalism and official capacity, and by increasing the costs of these domains, you will force many to abandon .COM, making the web more difficult to navigate for your average user and again, harming small businesses, startups and individuals the most.

I strongly urge you to reconsider your changes before it is too late. Side with innovation, openness and against greed.

Regards,

--

Ian Freeman-Lee