[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] More specific information and more transparent process needed

CJ O'Reilly supaiku at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 23:03:02 UTC 2020

To whom it may concern,

I am deeply concerned by the potential for the amendment to balloon
pricing in an unreasonable way.

I recognize the need for infrastructure and the importance of this
service, but I am very concerned about the accountability and scope of
the proposed changes.

I would like to see more specificity and continued process for price
increases, rather that creating space for ballooning.

The internet is an important resource for freedom of information and
speech, and economic concerns like even the modest price of a domain can
be a significant impediment to people whose voices are often least
heard. Furthermore, capitalization and monetization of the foundation of
this information resource is a significant liability to the culture of
internet and frankly, humanity, considering the globalized network we
exist in. Leveraging this resource as a tool for profit would be a
disservice to the stewardship of it and could very easily be a slippery
slope.

Please consider these factors and creating more systems for
accountability and review before decisions are made that may impact the
accessibility of domain names and the fabric of the internet.

Thank you,

CJ