[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Contract with Verisign, Inc.

Elise S sumulong.va at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 00:25:06 UTC 2020

I strongly oppose the recent changes made to the ICANN contract with
Verisign.

It is terrible for ICANN to make these changes in secret, without
consulting or incorporating feedback from the ICANN community or Internet
users. I cannot support changes that will make .COM wholesale domain prices
grow by more than 70% over and above current prices over the next decade. I
also oppose the other price increases the contract allows for. These
changes will ultimately make .COM domains less accessible and more
expensive for everyone.

It is very shady for Verisign to agree to pay an additional $20 million
dollars over five years to support ICANN's domain name system initiatives,
without any clarity about how ICANN will spend the money, or who will
ensure that the funds are properly spent on domain infrastructure.

These changes should be retracted immediately.

Thank you,
Elise Sumulong