[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] proposed.com sale

tekniqal2 tekniqal2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 22:30:14 UTC 2020

Dear Sirs/Madames,

I understand ICANN wants to sell the .com domain to Verisign. A for profit
entity. I feel this is a grave mistake. This sale will act as a multiplier
to the ill considered decision to end Net Neutrality and make it both more
expensive and difficult for for regular users, small businesses and
non-profits to keep their online presence. As someone who falls into each
of these groups, I urge ICANN to re-consider this action and keep the
domain in its hands. Afterall, ICANN was created for the express purpose of
protecting the internet commons and keeping it the open and accessible
arena that was very much promised early on when when the WWW was
synonymous with "the information super highway."

   Sincerely,

   Johnnie Quezada

   Owner, Base Ten Technology Solutions