Matt Milner matt.milner at m3technologypartners.com
Tue Feb 11 20:08:17 UTC 2020

As a small business owner and someone involved with other small businesses and non-profile organizations, I’m concerned about the proposed changes to the pricing for .com domains.
By allowing a 7% increase, annually, for those domains, the wholesale prices for .com domains will rapidly increase. That rate is far above price indexes for goods and services.
While I recognize there are some caps for increases up to 2026, this opens the door for those prices to continue to increase after that date.

I also recognize that the infrastructure needed to manage domains and registrations is not free, but given the goals of the internet to provide an open platform for all, allowing for unreasonably high registrations prices, even for companies, moves away from the internet being a level playing field. We are already seeing this with domain name parking where people buy domains and then extort large sums for them.

Regards,
Matt Milner
Minneapolis, MN