[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Don't allow such large price increases for .com domains

Todd Wolfson todd at twolfson.com
Tue Feb 11 00:36:15 UTC 2020

Hey ICANN,
When I was in college, many many years ago, I was able to buy a domain at a
price that was affordable for a college student. WIth the proposed price
changes, I'm not sure that this will be sustainable practice. e.g.
Inflation has more/less been 2% historically. The proposed price increase
is 5% on top of that (i.e. 7% total).

This means in 60 years, we'd be 18.7x the inflated current price of $10
(1.05^30 ~= 18.7x). This means a college student would have to commit
$187/year to buy a domain. That's ridiculous and will restrict the freedom
and creativity of the internet.

Please consider reducing such a large price increase rate.

- Todd