[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] (no subject)

Truman Shuck Truman.Shuck at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 22:22:35 UTC 2020

Raising prices on .com domain registration inhibits our ability to maintain
the web as an open, inclusive platform for all folks.  Without a clear
understanding of the purpose of this change -- the reason for the cost
increase, and the work to which the extra money will be put -- we cannot
assume that the amendment will have a positive outcome for those that it
affects most:  folks looking to engage with the web.  It
disproportionally affects those especially without the privilege of wealth,
and ICANN should not stand as a gatekeeper against a free and open internet.