Valerie Martinelli valerie at askvmc.com
Mon Feb 10 23:50:58 UTC 2020

I am writing in opposition of these prices increases. As a small business
owner, I strongly oppose this measure because it will make the cost of
running a small business consistently burdensome. Especially since most of
us operate in an online marketplace, which makes owning a website mandatory
and not optional or a luxury. I also oppose that this move was done in
secrecy, seeking no public input because it would have likely indicated
pushback from then. I am also strongly cynical that additional or future
changes won't be made again in the future in secrecy.

This decision will significantly impact the internet for years to come and
only ICANN and Verisign were in on it. The internet is public domain and
changes that affect that public domain should not be made in secrecy.

I hope this measure does not go forward.

Best regards,
Valerie

[image: facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/AskVMC/>
[image: twitter] <https://twitter.com/askvmc>