[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] ICANN's contract w/ Verisign & .com price increases

Matthew Weymar weymar at alumni.princeton.edu
Mon Feb 10 23:30:19 UTC 2020

I 100% object to the exorbitant price increases you are proposing. They *far
*exceed likely inflation and decrease the democratizing influence of the
internet. Boo! Hiss! Absolutely NO!

The $20mm over 5 years for initiatives regarding the security and stability
of the domain name system. To whom will you be accountable for these
initiatives? Who will ensure that you spend this money responsibly? How can
I be sure you are spending this money responsibly rather than lining your
own pockets?

I do not want Verisign operating as a domain name registrar. They already
have enough power and control over domain names! They don't need any more.
STOP this.

I send this in full recognition that AGAIN, you are likely to disregard
what I say -- no matter how many voices join on my side of these issues,
and how few voices support what you are proposing. Even though I recognize
that this is likely a *complete waste of time*, I am taking the trouble to
share my perspective with you anyway. How do I know it's going to be a
waste of time? Because the last time you received public comment on your
initiatives, you received 3500 comments in opposition and only six in
favor, and ... you carried on.

SHAME....

Sincerely,
Matthew Weymar