[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Against the .COM domain price increase

Gabor Kevin Barta gkevinba at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 21:14:19 UTC 2020

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am against the ICANN and Verisign agreement to increase the prices of .COM domains. The prices has been $7.85 since 2012, and I believe it should stay the same. .COM domains make up a large percentage of registered domain names and the proposed decision to increase the prices would impact many business and individuals who use .COM domains. It would make these domains less accessible if the prices increase. I personally own two domain names and as an individual it would effect me if the prices are increased. Of course the price increase will not financially break me, but it should not be increased as this will lead to a monopoly, where the prices could be increased without limit. The decision to increase .COM domain prices will not have positive effects, but would cause many people and business to abandon their .COM domains and switch to more affordable domain names. I believe, in the end it will be a bad financial decision for all parties involved.

Sincerely,
Gabor Kevin Barta