Antonio Robateau antonio_robateau at icloud.com
Tue Feb 11 21:21:37 UTC 2020

I am a registrant of a .com domain name.

ICANN is supposed to govern the domain name system in the public interest.

If price hiking is merely for covering necessary governance costs, I would agree in order to ensure quality of service.

If price hiking is merely for profit, I disagree under the premise that the internet is a public infrastructure.

If price hiking is to address cybersquatting domain naim abuse by making it less profitable for abusers (who buy thousands of $5 domains to just put them for sale for $5,000 each without adding $5,000 of value, then I have a big problem - that would be making the good cybercitizens pay for both the bad AND proof that ICAAN can’t do their job WHILE amassing a ton of profit which instead should be used as a fund to attack cybersquatting!

In short, I disagree because no reason is being given to justify price hiking.  “No taxation without representation!”

So, my simple question to price hiking is ”WHY?”

Antonio Robateau
Panama City, Panama

Antonio Robateau