[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] My comment on the amendment

Greg Hendershott mail at greghendershott.com
Tue Feb 11 21:54:51 UTC 2020

I understand that, according to this new agreement, Verisign will be
allowed to increase the wholesale price to registrars for .COM domains
every year for eight out of the next ten years.

I do not support this.

I use .COM domains for a very small business, for personal purposes, and
even for an open-source project web site. (You could object I should use
.ORG for some of those -- but that situation is also a mess now.)

If ICANN wants funding for specific projects, it should explain what and
why, and ask for contributions. I might be willing to contribute that
way -- transparently,

Instead, the way you are going about this seems unfair to consumers of
.COM domains -- as well as to registrars, among whom less competition
will also ultimately be unfair to consumers like me.

Please shine some sunlight on your decision-making process.

Please do the right thing.

Thank you.