Robin robin at brocweb.com
Tue Feb 11 22:30:03 UTC 2020

Dear Sir/Madam,

I understand that ICANN are considering amendments to the .COM registry
agreement.

As a small-business owner and IT contractor for many companies and
charities I am concerned with several aspects of these proposed changes.

1. *_Any increase_**_in the wholesale price_* of .COM domains will
affect the often slim profit margins of freelance web developers, and
affect my customers decisions with regard to whether a .COM, or even a
website is worth their while. Why not just have a Facebook page - they
are free after-all.

2. I am concerned with the *_involvement of Verisign as a controller of
registrar pricing_*... as well as a domain registrar itself? That seems
like a severe conflict of interest.

3. Apparently over 3,500 comments were submitted to a previous ICANN
consultation... but were ignored as being 'spam' due to a number of them
using an online tool.
I hope ICANN will be considering more comments during this consultation.

I hope you will consider the above points, and please also note that
.COM domains are not all owned by large companies who can afford price
increases - many smaller companies will be affected if these decisions
are taken in haste.

yours sincerely,
Robin Gillett

brocweb.com