[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] another sad display of greed

Caleb Opgenorth caleb.opgenorth at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 22:52:42 UTC 2020

I'm sure this comment won't matter just like the thousands of others that
have already commented voicing their concerns over the vague nature of
these price increases and who truly stands to gain from them. Raising
prices on .com domains significantly increases the costs and barrier to
entry for small businesses to get an online presence and move into the 21st
century/digital era.

Although doubtful, I genuinely hope the contract is called off entirely. If
not, at least 75% of the funds do go to improving the global root domain
name system servers and infrastructure. If the funds don't get spent
correctly, I hope the individuals involved are investigated by the SEC and
properly reprimanded.

What a sad society when money comes first.