Beau Lynn-Miller beaulm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 23:52:02 UTC 2020

Dear ICANN,

Thank you for taking on the responsibility of managing domain names. You've
contributed to keeping the internet running smoothly for years now and I've
always had good things to say about your organization. Since things have
been going well I'm happy with the status quo and I hope you are too! I'm
concerned about the unintended consequences that amendment 3 could have if
passed. In the short term, I can see it negatively impacting small web
publishers. In the long term, I imagine the industry will find a
replacement for the current domain registrations systems, similar to how
Let's Encrypt supplanted the digital certificate industry. I think there's
a common interest in prioritizing long-term internet health over short-term
financial gains and I encourage you to reconsider this amendment.

Thanks,
Beau Lynn-Miller