[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] ICANN Verisign contract changes

Gregg Williams gregg13 at innerpaths.net
Wed Feb 12 01:09:05 UTC 2020

Hello,

I very much disapprove of this contract change as it is.

I don't like the lack of transparency, and I think the current change gives too much to Verisign and too little to ICANN.

Raising domain fees for 40% of ICANN's business (.com fees) is HUGE, and a flat payment of $10M is a ridiculously small payment for the power it enables Verisgn to have.

If Verisign is only going to pay a flat $10M, there should *strong* caps limiting how much they can raise .com prices each year.

This contract change, as is, is extremely against the best interests of the public. Please make changes in favor of the public interest. Thank you.

Gregory P. Williams