[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Domain price increases over the next decade

Rod Ashcroft rod.ashcroft at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 01:16:32 UTC 2020

It is currently a toss up on whether or not to renew many .com domains, given the annual cost of holding on to them. Your increasing prices of .com domains through the Verisign deal will have one effect - domain owners will drop more domains. I have hundreds of domains - most of them of little commercial importance. Rather than sit and wait in the hope that these domains will one day realise some commercial value, if you proceed with these increases I’ll ruthlessly go through my portfolio and shred everything but the very best. I suspect a lot of other domain owners will do the same. This won’t just negate your price increases, it will decimate your revenues.

If it is your intention to discourage people from registering .com domains then this is a sure-fire strategy to achieve that aim.

Sent from my iPad