[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Hurting the general public and small business owners.

amystravis at gmail.com amystravis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 01:42:36 UTC 2020

Dear ICANN,

The changes to the contract with Verisign would likely put .com users like
me, a small business owner and a person providing free information on how to
stop child abuse in nonprofits, in a place where they must discontinue some
if not all of their internet presence.  Having a website is really the best
platform for my project on child protection but as I am self-funded, I would
have to move to another platform if prices were to continue growing for the
next 5 years.  I already have enough expenses to create the materials to
help nonprofits on the website.  IF the prices increased, I would have to
move to another platform like FB which would not be nearly as good.
Additionally the domain name increases might be passed on to me on other
products I use which would definitely make it unsustainable for me.

The philanthropic person, the general public, AND small business owns would
all be seriously hurt by these changes.  Please reconsider for your users.
This is a bad deal.

Regards,

Amy Travis