[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Amendment indicates UNFAIR practices, CONFLICTs OF INTEREST, AND is MONOPOLISTIC in nature

Deep deeperside at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 05:47:22 UTC 2020

The costs for maintaining a secure and simple database which has been
maintained now for almost 3 decades (that I can recall since I started
owning and managing domains in 1993) should be declining and not
increasing.  You can make a case for increased security but give me a break
!  At best you can raise for inflation but only from the lowest your rates
ever were.  ICANN has done a good job but there is no need to start
screwing the industry and everyone involved (see the whole world) just
because you can.

This amendment is monopolistic, greedy, a blatant conflict of interest with
Verisign.  It is unfair to hosting providers and it is unfair to users.  It
reflects poorly on ICANN and your mission.

There will be backlash.  There will be consequences.  Maybe there will be a
new ICANN that doens't use Verisign.   Then you'll have a real reason to
raise rates to pay for the legal battles you'll be fighting with every
country that uses the internet.

Deep Puri