[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement

Brandon Coates coatesillustration at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 06:30:03 UTC 2020

I am against this amendment as it currently stands. I do not agree with the
idea that .COM domains prices must be raised. It seems that Verisign
benefits from this agreement, while ICANN receives $20 million with no
oversight or clarity on how that money will be spent, and the general
public is meant to shoulder the burden that this agreement will create.
There should be more clarity and transparency regarding how the $20 million
will be used, and an open discussion about options moving forward rather
than a deal made behind closed doors with a brief period of public comment.
Again, this amendment will negatively impact a great many people and I am
against it.

Thank you for your time,

Brandon Coates

Sacramento, California, United States