[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Regarding .com domain price increase

Abhishek Jariwala jak7869 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 12 08:55:51 UTC 2020

Hello,

This is in regards to the proposed amendments by Verisign for increasing prices of .com domains. We know that a business needs to increase its prices to remain sustainable in the market. However, it is also seen that the prices of .com domains are already quite high and increasing prices even further will put a burden on small business owners who want to get online with a website but can’t as the expenses will be increased quite a lot.

Particularly in the third-world countries, we know that people are coming online for selling and making money but the increased costs of buying a domain and other expenses will discourage them from doing so and will have a negative effect on the internet population in general.

Thanks,