[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] .com amendment 3 comment

Jonathan Randles jsrandles at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 09:06:09 UTC 2020

To whom it may concern,

I would like to express protest at the proposed amendment 3 to the .com
registry agreement. I have learned that these changes have occurred without
consultation or feedback from the ICANN community and internet users.
It is my concern that the proposed amendments are directly harmful to
individuals and small businesses who rely on an accessible and affordable
.com registry agreement. As an operator of numerous small, non-profit
websites focused on hobby and social communities, this change, and the
resulting increase in registration fees by up to 70% over the next ten
years, will undoubtedly impact my ability to provide these services and
websites to the internet community -- this makes small .com websites
considerably more inaccessible to non-business users, who gain nothing from
the proposal!

Best regards,
Jonathan Randles