[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Against raising .com fees

Eddie Luegers eluegers at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 14:37:03 UTC 2020

I personally think the recent raise in rates needs to be clarified in why
such a drastic increase is necessary. From what news shows it could be a
40-70% increase over a short period of time. I help run a small non-profit
and our website is our lifeblood. When we initially launched one of the
websites we wanted was priced at $1,200 which was out of our budget. We
luckily were able to get a .com later for a reasonable price but every
dollar we raise is fought and worked hard to raise. Such a large
unexplained increase seems very unfair and I'd imagine future
organizations, small businesses, and individuals would avoid such expenses
on items like websites. I could see many being reluctant to start websites
and continue to grow the internet. Please rethink this strategy or clearly
explain why there is such a need to increase these fees.

Eddie Luegers