Randy Fraser rfraserwebdev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 15:00:10 UTC 2020

To Whom it May Concern:
I am a boutique web developer and hosting company with a variety of small business and non-profit clients. Costs for domain names is always a concern. Most concerning in this proposal is the lack of specifics about the increase in fees over the coming years. A small hike of a dollar or two over a few years seems quite reasonable, but the proposal seems to be structured without any parameters set for price increases. This leaves the door open for extortive level fees. This is basically a monopoly situation, with me and all my clients held hostage to the whims of ICANN and Verisign. We can only count on the good will and self-control of two profit-minded entities in order to keep from continually raising prices for a commodity we can’t afford to lose. I can’t imagine any one on the board would feel comfortable in the same situation.

This proposal needs at least a re-write with specific controls and parameters put in place, and a better explanation of how the 20 million is justified, and how it will be spent.

Randy Fraser
Web and Hosting Support
rfraserwebdev at gmail.com
775.721.9521