[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Fairness and stability are central to the internet

Marten Lienen marten.lienen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 15:01:09 UTC 2020

The ICANN is an important entity in internet infrastructure and should act
with complete transparency and in the interest of the general population.
It is of highest importance to keep .com domains affordable to ensure that
it is possible to start new projects on the internet easily and combat
consolidation of internet content onto the big platforms (facebook,
youtube, instagram, etc.). Therefore I am strongly opposed to lifting the
price freeze on .com domains. Furthermore, Verisign needs to be prohibited
from operating as a domain registrar to keep the power balance in that
market in check. Doing otherwise would put the competition at a significant
disadvantage and hurt the general public by making the market less
competitive. Finally, I demand that future interactions between ICANN and
Verisign become public and completely transparent.

Best Regards,
Marten Lienen