[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Opposition to proposed further economic pressure on Internet Users

Alan Rosenbloom alan2 at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Feb 12 15:28:50 UTC 2020

In case you at ICANN have not noticed, the middle class is struggling in
the U.S. while the cash continues flowing to the few. This situation is
particularly dire on our young people who are facing the mentality of ever
increasing costs on virtually every commodity, including massive school
loans.

Furthermore, to save the planet that we are actively destroying, we need
ideas from all perspectives, not just from those that benefit every time
that more resources are extracted.

The Internet is the greatest seat at the table that we can keep open for
those enterprising enough to have impactful and constructive ideas.

Your job is to regulate the domains, not to find excuses to tax them in the
name of regulation. This may help your bottom line, power and prestige in
the short run but it will also handicap the flow of ideas, which is far
more valuable than any service your executives can construct to justify
higher rates.

Please do not start down the road of allowing greed to overrule reason.

*DO NOT go forward with this amendment. You DO NOT have my support for this
change. I am strongly opposed to it.*

Alan Rosenbloom