[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] against proposes amendment 3

lisa nevada lisamarienevada at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 15:36:53 UTC 2020

Hello-

I am a registrant of a .com domain name, and I find the management
of the registry a useful service. However, I am against the proposed
price increase to .COM domains.

No one other than Verisign want increases in .COM prices, and the
current rate of $7.85 is already far more than justified.

Verisign is merely your manager of the .COM Registry – it has no
business dictating the price. ICANN is supposed to govern the domain
name system in the public interest. This price increase is not in the
public interest, especially as .COM domains are supposed to be
accessible to a variety of people in a variety of economic brackets.

thank you,

lisa nevada

--
*lisa nevada*