[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] ICANN Price Increases are opposed by millions of Internet users

jhthurman jhthurman at nc.rr.com
Wed Feb 12 16:05:45 UTC 2020

Last month, ICANN, the organization that oversees domain names,
announced significant changes to the contract it has with Verisign, Inc.
who operate the .COM top-level-domain (TLD).

ICANN made these changes IN SECRET, without consulting or incorporating
feedback from the ICANN community or Internet users. Although ICANN has
a history of making similar deals behind closed doors, and also of
ignoring unified opposition against such action, I believe this is
counter-productive and unfair, given that *.COM domains make up 40% of
all registered domain names online*.

I, and millions of Internet users, are adamantly opposed this greedy
price gouging and demand this price increase proposal be reversed.

James Thurman