[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Concerns Re: Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement

James Kelley jkelley32 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 16:17:57 UTC 2020

Dear ICANN,

There needs to be a more transparent and open process in regulating the pricing structure for the .com Registry. While Verisign manages the .com Registry, it does not own it. As such, it has no business dictating the price without a competitive bidding process that is open, transparent, and in the best interests of the public.

I am a registrant of a .com domain name, and I am vehemently against the proposed price increase to .COM domains.

ICANN has a duty to govern the domain name system in the public interest, and the price increases are not in the public interest.

James Kelley
Boston, MA