[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Price increase for .com.? Not so smart decision

IvanBayan ivan at ivanbayan.com
Wed Feb 12 16:30:08 UTC 2020

Hello.

I'm using my domain in .com for personal purpose, I have no money income
from selling ad or products/services, nonetheless I paid for it. Last
time I paid near 90$ for domain renewal for 5 years, most likely  your
changes will lead to domain cost increase by 21% every 5 years.

It's really hard to understand for why I pay near 20$ per year now and
why I need to pay more. Why most other domains cost cheaper than domain
in .com. zone and which expenses do you have that should costs more.
ICANN doesn't support domains on ns servers and did nothing for me.

If that changes be accepted I will just change zone for my domain. Your
future income from me: (20$ - registrar_fee)*0 =0$

Not a big deal, but I sure I'm not only one who will made same decision.

--
Ivan