[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Against Amendment 3 - not in public best iterest

Kim Evans kdevans at mac.com
Wed Feb 12 16:31:16 UTC 2020

I am a registrant of multiple .com domain names for my small business and non-profit.  I am against the proposed price increase to .com domains.  There is not a clear benefit to the users other than Verisign making much more money and continuing to profit for an unknown reason.  We need to keep prices fair and reasonable for the small businesses and families they support.  You are to be operating in the publics best interest so I urge you to do so and not on the financial gains that Verisign would obtain.  I find it very suspicious that Verisign wants the increase while so many other registrants of other domain extensions are managing those just fine.  We need to avoid yet another high priced monopoly that hurts the small business and individual.  Show us EXACTLY where the monies would benefit the consumer?  If its security than you need to show us the issues, how the money would be spend and provide true accountability and transparency.  To raise prices just because the current agreement has run out and its been several years is NOT. A reason!  I am against Amendment 3.

Sincerely,
Kim Evans