[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Domain pricing

Drew Downs addowns at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 16:40:00 UTC 2020

To Whom It May Concern,

I am concerned about the proposed changes to domain pricing. Particularly
given the freedom to raise them significantly and the lack of transparency
in the process.

While I only personally own a few domains, the cost of these will not only
add up, but likely prevent me from trying out new ones. And, let's be
honest, as an American, paying $10-15 per year per domain isn't really a
huge burden. So going to $15-20 wouldn't really seem like a heavy lift. In
practical terms, I would certainly be willing to see fair changes in the
system.

What I really don't want to see is a radical lack of transparency and
agencies feeling free to jack up their prices without real oversight.

Please reconsider the proposal and make a determined effort to make
transparency and oversight of changes a higher priority.

Grace and Peace,
Drew Downs