[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] (no subject)

Jay Perry j at jayperryworks.com
Wed Feb 12 17:07:12 UTC 2020

As a small business owner who maintains my own website, I am deeply concerned about the proposed price increases on .com domains. If prices continue to increase unchecked, this TLD — generally regarded as the most recognizable and desirable — will inevitably become unaffordable to everyone but large, wealthy companies. Large companies, especially tech giants like Google and Amazon, already exert an outsize influence on the web, which already threatens its ideal of an open, level, equal-access network.

Please do not add to the web’s increasing stratification by making .com domains more and more expensive.

Thank you,
Jay Perry