[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] My Opinion on the Proposed .Com Price Increase

Joe Heller joe at joeheller.com
Wed Feb 12 17:14:26 UTC 2020

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I operate a small therapy coaching practice where I own quite a few domains
(100+) as roadmaps to guide people to my website. Maybe I am crazy to own
so many? But, I see this as a way to combat the instability of SEO making
it easy for clients to find me.

I hope in your decision process you consider the "little" guy ;)  Any
increase in domain fees would dramatically impact my business and ability
to help people.

One final point, if you want to increase the fees for domain brokers or
people who have held onto a domain without it even pointing to a real
website or offering the URL for sale on Godaddy, etc... even if it is
pointed to a domain then I believe that should be a consideration. I also
believe that current technology can "vet" this idea to tax or increase the
fees for those who are in the business of selling domains because that is
their choice to be in that business.

Please do not penalize the small business owner who owns domains for his
livelihood ~

Thank you for letting me share my thoughts with you :)

Have a wonderful day!

Joe

Joe Heller
713.927.4494