Joe Heller joe.heller at eepb.com
Wed Feb 12 17:30:32 UTC 2020

I am a registrant of a .com domain name.

I am against the proposed price increase to .COM domains.

No one other than Verisign want increases in .COM prices.

The current rate of $7.85 is already far more than justified.

Verisign is merely your manager of the .COM Registry - it has no business dictating the price.

ICANN is supposed to govern the domain name system in the public interest.

<<< my personal comments >>>
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I operate a small therapy coaching practice where I own quite a few domains (100+) as roadmaps to guide people to my website. Maybe I am crazy to own so many? But, I see this as a way to combat the instability of SEO making it easy for clients to find me.

I hope in your decision process you consider the "little" guy ;)  Any increase in domain fees would dramatically impact my business and ability to help people.

One final point, if you want to increase the fees for domain brokers or people who have held onto a domain without it even pointing to a real website or offering the URL for sale on GoDaddy, etc... even if it is pointed to a domain then I believe that should be a consideration. I also believe that current technology can "vet" this idea to tax or increase the fees for those who are in the business of selling domains because that is their choice to be in that business.

Please do not penalize the small business owner who owns domains for his livelihood ~

Thank you for letting me share my thoughts with you :)

Have a wonderful day!

Joe Heller
Houston, TX

Joe Heller |
Marketing Director
Email: joe.heller at eepb.com
(Main)
713-622-0016 |
(Fax)844-622-5527
(Direct)832-783-7760 |
(Cell)713-927-4494
2950 North Loop West Suite 1200, Houston, TX
77092
The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.