Freedoms Lair freedomslair2018 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 17:35:27 UTC 2020

Making deals behind closed doors on a subject that affects more than 144
million users is detrimental to positive growth, no matter what the
particular topic of discussion happens to be. This is no different.

In this case, the ICANN is supposed to govern the domain name system in the
best interest of the public. If this is not done anyone can dictate the
outcome of end-users having a presence on the internet or participating in
its growth. In doing so it would inevitably result in total anarchy across
the network.

I am a registrant of .com domains and that being said, I do not know of
anyone, other than Verisign, wanting increases in the already established
.COM prices. The current rates are already far more than justified.

Why is it that this is even a consideration? Allowing these transactions to
proceed forward will create a completely unnecessary barrier for those
individuals who already have or want to have an online presence.

Additionally, I have yet to see any kind of supporting evidence that
implementing this amendment would lead to investments in the infrastructure
or any positive effects for the end-user.

In these times where an open internet is already under threat and the cost
of doing business is escalating globally already, I sincerely hope you
reconsider and stop these proceedings from moving forward.

Respectfully,
Concerned online business owner