[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Regarding the recent .COM changes

Joshua Weller info at exhora.com
Wed Feb 12 18:31:19 UTC 2020

To whom it may concern,
I recently found out about the .COM amendment, specifically the pricing
changes planned for said domains.

As both a customer that owns hundreds of .COM domains, as well as a
whole-seller I highly disagree and oppose the proposed changes. It will
unfairly penalize small business owners and those who hold large domain
portfolios on behalf of their clients, some of which have domains for
their personal hobbies. Furthermore, I will be forced to drop hundreds
of domains which are considered "typo" domains, common misspellings of
domains our clients use as the price increase would not justify owning
them any longer.

The current service/registration fees are more than enough. How can it
be that other TLD's have cheaper fees and manage fine, why would the
most recognized TLD in the world need a price increase in their fees
after all of these years.

Verisign is merely your manager of the .COM Registry – it has no
business dictating the price.

ICANN is supposed to govern the domain name system in the public
interest, not for profit.

Sincerely,
Joshua Weller
https://exhora.com