SueBrettell sue at suebrettell.com
Wed Feb 12 18:47:39 UTC 2020

Dear Sirs
Over the years I have purchased domains to use for blogs and book landing
pages etc as I intend to focus on writing rather than design in the near
future. I have particularly tried to find .com domain names because we've
always been told that .com is regarded as the most professional and valued
domain.

I am a freelance designer with an income limited by chronic autoimmune
disease, so the cost of the domains is an important consideration.

Independent workers and small business owners like myself are already
struggling with the rising cost of software subscriptions, hosting,
security and so on. We are at the mercy of online service and software
providers. The prospect of increasing .com domain renewal pricing is
worrying, to say the least.

I concur with the points made eloquently by Namecheap:
https://www.namecheap.com/blog/icann-allows-com-price-increases-gets-more-money
and
would like to add my voice to dissuade you from making these changes.

Yours faithfully
Sue Brettell

Sue Brettell • Branding, Digital Design & Writing
sue at suebrettell.com • +44 (0)7891 517750 • www.linkedin.com/in/suebrettell

NOTE: This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential
and/or proprietary information intended for the person/entity to whom it is
addressed. Sharing it with others or using it in any way without the
sender’s consent is strictly prohibited.