[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Comment on Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement

Paul McKee paul at mcsid.com
Wed Feb 12 19:19:55 UTC 2020

It is proposed that Verisign be allowed to increase .COM registration fees by 7% per year for four out of six years. This is excessive. I very much doubt that the costs of running a database of some 140 million registrations are rising anywhere near that fast. It wouldn't surprise me if the technological costs are actually falling, though there are certainly non-technology costs (like salaries) as well.

In short, Verisign should be allowed price increases only in line with inflation, not more.

Thanks,
Paul McKee
Bellevue, WA, USA