Philippe FRANCK philippe at domainium.fr
Wed Feb 12 19:15:34 UTC 2020

Dear sirs,

I am a french domainer : I invest in domain names as a business.

I am against the proposed price increase to .COM domains. The current rate of $7.85 is already far more than justified : the other extension in my domain portfolio is dot fr, with a rate lower than $5 USD and the registry AFNIC offers a very good domain management.

ICANN is supposed to govern the domain name system in the public interest : how can ICANN accept that a registry with 140.000.000 domains (VERISIGN) is more expensive than a registry with less than 4.000.000 domains (AFNIC) ???? Most of the costs are fixed cost and the dot com users should pay less than $4 USD.

Kind regards
Philippe FRANCK
Domainium
philippe at domainium.fr