[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] ICANN/Verisign contract changes detrimental to content creators

Jackson Ferrell jacksonpferrell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 21:23:49 UTC 2020

I am an independent cartoonist and graphic designer who uses .com domain
names for my portfolio site and comic sites. ICANN's recent changes to its
contract with Verisign, made without input from those it most effects,
allow for wholesale price increases to registrars and expanded privileges
for Verisign to act as a registrar itself. This will hurt not only
registrars, but also website owners like me, independent creators who rely
on their sites for income and freelance opportunities. ICANN needs to make
decisions in the interests not of a sole entity like Verisign, but for all
the businesses, registrars, and website owners that it serves.

-Jackson Ferrell
Big J Studios <http://www.bigjstudios.com>

If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute
or copy this e-mail.