Bruce Devlin bruce at thedevlins.biz
Wed Feb 12 22:41:07 UTC 2020

Dear sir,

I am against the proposed price increase to .COM domains. They are already
significantly more expensive that the price of domains in the UK an other
TLDs that I register. Given the volume and level of automation involved, I
can see no correlation between the charge to me and the underlying costs
incurred.

I am a registrant of several .com domain names. Verisign is merely your
manager of the .COM Registry – it has no business dictating the price.
ICANN is supposed to govern the domain name system in the public interest.

If ICANN were providing other features to limit the cybersquatting and
other domain name ownership issues, then I might be more accepting of a
price increase. As it stands, it feels like exploitation of the internet
community

Bruce Devlin
Chiddingfold, UK