[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Comment about Amendment 3 .COM Registry Agreement

Trevor Suarez trevoraaronsuarez at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 00:59:08 UTC 2020

To who it may concern,

The .COM is the default domain ending in the USA and many consumers in America want to keep it that way.

My name is Trevor Suarez and I am a Software Engineering student at the Milwaukee School of Engineering. On my spare time, I run a technology consultant company, which many of my customers are older friends and family who are somewhat technology illiterate. My job is to assist and educate these individuals about anything related to technology. I know there are many technology illiterate people in this country, many of which have gotten used to the .COM domain ending.

The proposed amendment will increase prices of the .COM domain over the next few years. This will create two problems:

1. Companies and individuals will begin registering domains with odd endings, such as .pizza or .coffee for instance. This will cause confusion to many people. Take my clients as an audience which will be confused by all the domain endings. I understand the odd domain endings currently exist on the internet, but think of how common they will become.

2. It will increase the price to create using the internet. I own two domains myself, simply because it is a cost friendly. The internet is supposed to be a place where all people of all backgrounds can come and share ideas and information. Increasing domain registrant pricing will eventually be reflected in consumer pricing of simply using the internet.

Please consider how the price hikes of the .COM ending will influence the price of using the internet, and other influences on the everyday American consumer.

Sincerely,
Trevor Suarez