[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Public Comment on Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement

Bruce Halpern brucehalpern at outlook.com
Thu Feb 13 01:37:53 UTC 2020

Dear Sir or Madam,

I wished to comment on your Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement.  So I went to where you claim to want "Public Comments", https://www.icann.org/public-comments/com-amendment-3-2020-01-03-en/mail_form

However, after checking the box giving up my privacy, then hitting the Continue button, the browser wanted to open up my PC's email program.

Are you unaware that the vast majority of the "Public" uses web browser based email and does not have an email program on their PC?  Or do you really not want public comments?

So, I'm unable to tell you that your closed door program to make internet users pay you more money, of which you have not given an explanation of how this money will be spent, is a violation of the public trust given you to manage the internet.

Considering you cannot design a website to take public comments, except for those who use a corporate email programs on their business computer, I doubt you have the best of intentions. The lack of awareness of how the "public" uses the internet makes me sure you do not deserve more money.

“By submitting my personal data, I agree that my personal data will be processed in accordance with the ICANN Privacy Policy<https://www.icann.org/privacy/policy>, and agree to abide by the website Terms of Service<https://www.icann.org/privacy/tos>.”

Very truly yours,
Bruce Halpern