[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] ICANN Reconsider Verisign, Inc.

Tyler Herron tylerherron.terp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 01:45:13 UTC 2020

Last month, ICANN, the organization that oversees domain names, announced
significant changes to the contract it has with Verisign, Inc. who operate
the .COM top-level-domain (TLD).

ICANN made these changes in secret, without consulting or incorporating
feedback from the ICANN community or Internet users. Although ICANN has a
history of making similar deals behind closed doors, and also of ignoring
unified opposition against such action, we are focused on leading the fight
against price increases that will harm our customers (and the Internet as a
whole). This is a crucial time to raise our voices given that *.COM domains
make up 40% of all registered domain names online*.

I appreciate you acting in the public's best interest,

Tyler Herron