[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Please, no price hikes on .com TLDs

Hex Nine-Zero rainbownopsled at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 04:48:51 UTC 2020

I personally own a .com domain (rainbownopsled.com). If this deal goes
through, and Verisign is allowed to raise prices on .com domains, this
could affect both me and many of my friends personally, at the very least.
However, more importantly, many businesses rely on their .com domains, and
increasing prices would greatly affect the internet for years to come, with
established, big players on top, and smaller or newer players disallowed
from competition. This is especially important because .com is by far the
most popular and widely-used TLD. Most users of the internet would not
want Verisign to have the power this deal would give them. Please, put the
people, the users, and the small businesses first instead of major
corporations. Internet freedom largely depends on accessibility and price
of entry, and affordable .com domains are a part of that. Thank you for
your time.

rainbownopsled