[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Disagree and Protest Recent changes to the contract it has with Verisign, Inc. who operate the .COM top-level-domain

Bobbi Kotula bobbiloony at icloud.com
Thu Feb 13 07:04:02 UTC 2020

As a working artist, I use a .com website to promote my work to directors and artists as well as a teaching tool for young artists to learn about the craft of acting. I am not a corporation that can afford to have large changes made to my cost of living. I work three jobs in the arts and make enough to live and save for when I cannot work any longer. Your changes to the contract with Version, Inc. seem to be motivated by greed and not by necessity or any forethought for other people’s well-beings.

I understand that you made no public access to these changes but instead made these changes in secret. Since I am paying you through my annual usage fee, I feel that it is your duty as a fellow human being to have been transparent in your business dealings. You have not. As I understand it, your new dealings with Verisign can lead to an increase of 70% of costs to us. That is not affordable for me.

The internet is a place for common good and shared information; please do not limit it to only the wealthy. They do not have the corner on the creative ideas that will bring this world into a better place. The wealthy only have money. It’s not power. It's just paper.

Please rethink what you are doing.

B. Kotula