[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] I own a number of .com domains

Jason T. Rogers j at jasondreambig.com
Thu Feb 13 06:12:49 UTC 2020

I strongly oppose the Amendment 3.

ICANN may have the right to receive more monetary support. However I am
troubled with that fact that ICANN has a monopoly over the .com and doesn't
have a price cap on what they can charge. The domain name system has been
set up for the public interest. To stay fair for all parties involved it
should continue to operate as such. Without a price cap we run a huge
risk creating an environment where only large companies can participate on
the internet.

I strongly recommend that ICANN to not adopt this proposal, re-review the
proposed amendment and consider replacing the price cap (albeit higher).

Best regards,
Jason Rogers
UT, United States