Jason Dyer jason.dyer at scangroup.com
Thu Feb 13 09:05:27 UTC 2020

I am a concerned business owner with multiple .com holdings and reliance
on the internet for many purposes, as well as a user of the internet
that is concerned that smaller entities (financially speaking) could be
disadvantaged by the proposed changes. Based on my understanding or the
current proposal, I urge that the following concerns be addressed before
adoption.

1.  Excessive increases to .COM wholesale prices will be a burden on
small business and start-up companies.  There should be a cap on the
total increase allowed for the 10 year period of no more than 50%.

2.  Additional funds paid to ICANN should be for clearly designated
purposes and some persons/entity should have authority and
responsibility to ensure that funds are spent in the designated manner
or, if no longer appropriate, spent to enhance domain infrastructure.

Sincerely,

Jason Dyer
VP/CTO The Scan Group, inc.