[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] (no subject)

Omar McIver Omar.McIver at petrofac.com
Thu Feb 13 13:18:39 UTC 2020

To whom it may concern,

Echoing my friends comments...

I am writing you today to protest the proposed price increase to .COM
domains. As a company, Verisign already enjoys some of the highest profit
margins in the domain industry. (Or any industry, for that matter.)  The
company maintains a monopoly on the .COM registry, and incredulously, is
proposing a price increase as its costs of operation are actually going
*down!* (This contention is bolstered by the many other registrars who
maintain that, given an opportunity, they can run the .COM registry at much
lower costs.)

As if to add insult to injury, this is a company that is supposed to be
operating in the public interest. All parties would agree, with the
possible exception of Verisign themselves, that the burden of a .COM price
increase at this time on individuals and small business would most
decidedly NOT be in their best interests.  For all the reasons noted above,
I urge that the proposed amendment be rejected.

Sincerely,

Omar McIver
Operations Lead / Senior Applications Consultant
EPS Asset Management, Petrofac Inc.

Desk : +1-832-626-4001
Cell: +1-832-277-6586
Email:         omar.mciver at petrofac.com<mailto:omar.mciver at petrofac.com>
LinkedIn:     http://bit.ly/omarmciver
Web:           www.petrofac.com<http://www.petrofac.com/>

Petrofac - 15021 Katy Freeway, Suite 300C, Houston, TX 77094
P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

This message, including any attachments, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, or authorised to receive information for the recipient, please contact the sender by reply email, and delete all copies of this message. Thank you

This message, including any attachments, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, or authorised to receive information on behalf of the recipient, please contact the sender by reply email, and delete all copies of this message. While we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that this message and any attachments are free from viruses, we cannot guarantee that they are virus free and accept no liability for any damage caused by this message or any attachments. Messages sent or received through our networks may be monitored to ensure compliance with the law, regulation and/or our policies.